[Asterisk-Users] Can I use Asterisk for a modified Hoot and Holler?

Machen, Matthew T. MTMACHEN at southernco.com
Mon Apr 18 08:51:29 MST 2005

Hello wonderful asterisk users list.

I have some energy traders that are currently using 2 wire
hoot-n-hollers (squawk box, always open direct line) to different
trading floors throughout the country.  Each "box" has one hoot-n-holler
line.  I would like to make these boxes IP based by connecting the 4
lines to a TDM400 with 4 fxo modules, providing SIP or IAX extensions
for each hoot line and giving my clients a softclient on their desktop.
Will it work?  Is it reliable?  Is it the best way?

Thanks in advance for you Asterisk wisdom on this little problem of
mine.

Matthew Machen
Southern Company Network Support