[Asterisk-Users] RE: queue - transfer calls

Dov Bigio dovb at terra.com.br
Mon Apr 18 08:27:42 MST 2005

Hi Ariel,
Thinking a little bit more about your idea of parking calls for 'simulating' a consultive transfer, I realized the following problem:
If an agent is making an outgoing call (or even receiving a call that is not coming from the queue), he is not considered busy to the queue manager.]
That means that once the agent parks a users call, if calls to his manager to tell him there is a parked call waiting to be answered, he immediately becomes available to the queue, and might receive calls even while he is talking to the manager.
Is there a way to define that an agent is busy if he is on any call, not just calls coming from the queue?
Thank you
Dov

<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

>Hello,
>
>I am setting up an ACD using *, but found a an issue that I am not being
> able to resolve, and this might impact our * implementation.
>
>We have a call center with 4 agents, which should receive calls from their
>queue. But we also have a "call center management" team which should be >able to talk to end customers in case the first level call center is not able to
>solve the problem.
>
>There are two issues there:
>
>1. The agent cannot use the soft-phone TRANSFER button.. she has to
>press the pound key to transfer. This is not a 'terrible' issue, since it is
>just a matter of educating agents.
>
>This one can be fixed if you want by going with the paid xten pro software.
>It has a transfer button.
>
>2. Attended transfer: If the agent transfers the call to someone in the
>management team, the call is immediately transferred, and the agent is not
>able to talk to the manager before. Is there a way to allow an agent to talk
>to the management befora actually transferring, so that he can explain the
>issue in advance????

In stead of transferring to the next level support have your agents park the
call to lets say 700 it should give you something like 701 then call the
next agent tell them what the problem is and to pickup exten 701.