[Asterisk-Users] Re: Unbelievable...

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 18 07:50:05 MST 2005

Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> writes:

> As only one individual, I thought their statements were very straight-
> forward and clear. Having worked as a senior manager in a technical
> organization, a large number of tehcnical people simply do not
> comprehend some words (or read other words into whatever they happen
> to be reading), or, jump to conclusions based on their technical
> knowledge that are unreasonable (contractually or otherwise).
>
> The wording is very obviously oriented toward those types, and I'd
> bet a fair amount they _still_ receive calls that are clearly answered
> on their web site.
>
> Regardless of what their web site says, they've provided me with the
> best service of the half dozen itsp's that I've worked with directly.
> And, I don't work for them or represent them.

Interesting you say that, since I thought their statement wasn't that
offensive, but rather looked like a fairly emotional reaction to the
severe pressure they might experience right now, and which, as they
say, apparently starts comsuming resources better spent on trouble
shooting.

Especially, those of us who have already worked in some kind of online
business will recognize the situation and mood they apparently are in,
and how unpleasant it can be. Although, on the other hand, a pissed
off customer understandably might have a hard time feeling
compassionate.

Anyway, I think that just because ppl take money for service doesn't
necessarily obligate them to take any shit customers might come up
with as well. It's the service which is paid for, so if it isn't
delivered for whatever reasons, all one basically is entitled to is
getting the money back and maybe compensation, depending on the type
of service and contract.

Also, it's clear whom they are addressing in that statement,
i.e. those people who continue mounting pressure on them through
various channels in a counterproductive and 'abusive' fashion, some of
them maybe really just to 'vent frustrations'. Well, if so, why not
let them do their venting in that particular direction as well and
move on to the real issues ... ?

Regards, Bruno.