[Asterisk-Users] Distributed organizations - large scale public sector rollout

Alex Vishnev avishnev at optonline.net
Mon Apr 18 05:26:14 MST 2005

Eivind

Most obvious solution is snmp. Using snmp you can collect statistics and
provision your remote systems. However, SNMP is an enabler and not the full
solution. You still need to write SMUX agents and develop application MIBS
that allow you to get/store application specific data. To my knowledge
Asterisk does not support any MIB reporting to date. You will need to extend
asterisk with scripts and applications to provide you the data. Most of
scripting tools like perl or php have good support for SNMP.

HTH

Alex