[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk PBX with X100P in India

Vikram Rangnekar vicky at freebsdcluster.net
Mon Apr 18 00:12:47 MST 2005

+++ Min Hwan Chang [16/04/05 12:48 -0700]:
> Vikram,
>
> Would they really be able to tell if I have VOIP and POTS terminating
> on the PBX?  Theoretically, its not like I'll be using this 100% of
> the time for sending VOIP calls to the POTS line.  Probably maybe once
> or twice a month?  It's main function is to act as a PBX with
> voicemail and such.
>
> Also regarding the setup of the X100P, would you be able to send me
> your extensions.conf?  I have a feeling that its the setup of the
> extensions.conf which is bungling my attempts currently.
>
> In zapata.conf/zaptel.conf, are there any changes I need to make it
> work in India?  I remember there being a setting for India, would I
> need to set that?
>
> Regards and much grateful thanks,
> Min
>
> >I've used the X100P a lot here in India is works perfectly without any real
> >config changes for incomming and outgoing calls. Are you sure you are on a
> >real PSTN line I mean one from a Telco and not from an internal EPBX which
> >would need you to dial a prefix to get a outside line. And if you are on an
> >EPBX line and you already know what I mentioned aboove amybe your EPBX is
> >giving some non standard tones or something there are many cheap EPBX's in
> >India which really act wierd sometimes.
>
> On 4/15/05, Vikram Rangnekar <vicky at freebsdcluster.net> wrote:
> >
> > Just so that you know that would be considered illigal in India if you are
> > planning to have VIP extensions on that Asterisk install also. Many people
> > have been raided and even sent to jail for terminating PSTN and VOIP on the
> > same PBX.
> >
> > --
> > regards
> > Vikram (http://www.vicramresearch.com)

Sorry I dont have that config anymore I switched to E1 but you should make
sure u have the signalling right FXO cards have fxs signally and vice versa.
also there is no special setting for India atall I've used the card here lots
and also in the Us never done any country specific settings for it to work.

Send me your zaptel and zapata configs and i'll check to see what u are doing
wrong. If you want mail me offlist on vicram at gmail.com and if you are in
bombay give me a call on 9819817434 I'll be glad to help.