[Asterisk-Users] ZyXEL Router Terrible Voice Quality

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Sun Apr 17 18:53:53 MST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Rod Bacon wrote:
>
> > I have been frustrated by a variety of zyxel issues/products and have found
> > the best solution for all of them lies in a cylindrical receptacle that sits
> > beside my desk...
>
> I've had pretty good luck with the Zoom X5V Voice Modem so far. It has a
> built in DSL modem, and a single FXS port. Decent little router, now that
> the latest firmware is out, but tcp and udp timeouts through NAT seem to
> be set a little low, so I lose SSH sessions.

I bought a dozen and have had bad luck with them. I couldn't keep an ssh
session for more than 15 seconds. Trying to update firmware turned two of
them into paperweights. I couldn't get the FXS to ever register.

Other than that, it looked like a good idea. Is the NAT timeout
configurable now?

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent