[Asterisk-Users] ZyXEL Router Terrible Voice Quality

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sun Apr 17 18:29:21 MST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Rod Bacon wrote:

> I have been frustrated by a variety of zyxel issues/products and have found
> the best solution for all of them lies in a cylindrical receptacle that sits
> beside my desk...

I've had pretty good luck with the Zoom X5V Voice Modem so far. It has a
built in DSL modem, and a single FXS port. Decent little router, now that
the latest firmware is out, but tcp and udp timeouts through NAT seem to
be set a little low, so I lose SSH sessions.

G729 and G711-Ulaw sound great through it, and it supports no-power
pass-through to the analog line.

                             KP-216-121-ST