[Asterisk-Users] first few seconds of outgoing calls cut off

Adam Greenbaum lists at refinitive.com
Sun Apr 17 06:36:16 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 13:50 -0700, snacktime wrote:
> This also happens to me when I call into my own * box voice system
> unless I'm very careful about adding appropriate wait statements after
> answering the line.  Not sure if this is related to the above problem,
> but it made me wonder if an * box somewhere in the path of my outgoing
> calls might be the culprit.
>
> Any thoughts?

This problem could be caused by a SPF firewall somewhere in the path. I
had a similar problem where the firewall was dropping RTP packets in one
direction until it saw a packet in the other direction. Removing the
stateful firewall rules and replacing them with pairs of non stateful
rules fixed the problem.

Adam