[Asterisk-Users] first few seconds of outgoing calls cut off

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 13:50:14 MST 2005

I've found something that seems to be the norm when I connect to some
of the smaller providers out there.  At first I thought it was my
setup, but yesterday I was trying out voicepulse connect, and they are
the first ones that I have not had this problem with.  Their quality
also seems to be on average a lot better.

Say I call a number that has an automated voice response system (this
makes it easier to test since it's always the same).   What happens is
that I don't hear the first second or two of the greeting.  This seems
to happen whether I am using SIP or IAX.

This also happens to me when I call into my own * box voice system
unless I'm very careful about adding appropriate wait statements after
answering the line.  Not sure if this is related to the above problem,
but it made me wonder if an * box somewhere in the path of my outgoing
calls might be the culprit.

Any thoughts?