[Asterisk-Users] Line name same as user name

Eng. Emitrax emitrax at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 01:41:52 MST 2005

Hi,

I managed to set up two CISCO 7940 phone with a SIP firmware 7.0, with
Asterisk. At the beginning though, I coulnd't understand why they
wouldn't work, even if I followed all the instructions found on
voip-info.org.

Eventually, after some debug and with someone else help,  I managed to
make them work. All I had to do was to change, in the SIP<mac>.cnf
file, the line_name field to the name of the user_name field. I'm
using only one line, but it works.

Now my question is, is this the right way to set up all phones or is
it a some kind of bug?

Thanks in advance.

Salvo.