[Asterisk-Users] Point-to-Point Asterisk Link to Reduce Bandwidth

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 00:59:10 MST 2005

Hi:

I want to use G729 codec from my iax connection to my
voip provider and later between my two asterisk boxes.
G729 bandwidth requirement is relatively low and I
intend to reduce more by applying point-to-point-link.

While trying to do my homework and figure out how to
do that, I appreciate any help in answering my
questions.

1- Does point-to-point link requires configuration on
both ends (my asterisk and the voip provider).

2- I am behind the nat, does it make any difference or
I have to be seen from the internet.

Thanks in advance.