[Asterisk-Users] Hitachi WIP-5000/IP-5000 firmware

Jim Meehan jmeehan-asterisk at vpizza.org
Sat Apr 16 20:59:44 MST 2005

I've got a Hitachi WIP-5000 phone.  Seems to work well with my Asterisk setup,
except for a few annoyances:

1) If the phone has been sitting unused for a while, and I dial an outbound
call, it often fails.  Doesn't matter what number I'm calling.  If I redial,
it always goes through fine, and all subsequent calls also go through fine,
until it's been sitting around idle for a while again.  Incoming calls always
come through, regardless of how long it's been sitting.  Maybe a NAT problem?
I haven't started looking through SIP packet logs yet, but that's my next
step.

2) I've got two 802.11b access points in my house, same SSID, one on channel
1, another on channel 6.  The phone seems to stay associated with the access
point that it first registered on, unless I do "restart network" on the phone.
Even when the other access point is much closer with a much better signal.
Both my Windows and Mac OS laptops switch between APs at will, depending on
which is stronger -- seems like the phone should do the same.

Anyone else noticed these issues?

Also, I've got firmware v1.5.2 on my phone.  Was trying to find a link to see
if there's anything more recent.  Anyone have a newer version or know where
to get one?

Thanks,

Jim Meehan
Oakland, CA