[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7960 SIP setup

Paul Mahler psvwm at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 20:12:37 MST 2005

There's a long chapter in my book about re-programming the 7960 from skinny to
SIP that might help you out. Figuring it out was non-trivial. You can get the
book at Amazon.

TKS,

Paul Mahler

I can't get the 7960 to reconfigure and work. I am a newbie to voip. I went
through the list and read some other comments about the 7960 and unlocking it.
It is a used 7960 that came with CallManager. I need to have SIP. I first reset
the phone to factory defaults then I changed the TFTP server address in the
settings. I have unlocked the phone with **# and it shows the lock as unlocked
in the upper right hand corner. I was told that the phone should be able to
download the SIP... file once the TFTP address was changed. So far nothing
though. Any ideas?

Mike

Paul Mahler
www.signate.com