[Asterisk-Users] Segregating a test version of asterisk - libpri/zaptel locations

Julien Levi jules at jlevi.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 04:18:29 MST 2005

Julien Levi wrote:
>  I'm beginning to think a chroot environment may be the best route - *
> fails to compile as it loads the wrong headers from libpri and zaptel
> (those from the may 2004 install, the new ones get put in
> /usr/local/new/usr/include).

I got it to compile by editing the makefile INCLUDE line to:

INCLUDE=-I/usr/local/new/usr/include -Iinclude -I../include

However * fails to load with this error:

/usr/local/new/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_zap.so: undefined symbol:
pri_sr_set_channel

I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/new/usr/lib:/usr/local/new/lib but I
think the above error is due to chan_zap still trying to use the old
libpri. I'm going to keep experimenting in the hope of getting this
working without using chroot. If I do I'll write it up on the wiki for
other clueless neophytes....