[Asterisk-Users] Segregating a test version of asterisk - libpri/zaptel locations

Julien Levi jules at jlevi.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 12:39:19 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> install them under prefix /usr/local/new and add /usr/local/new/lib to
> the beginning of LD_LIBRARY_PATH .
>
> Also consider using a idfferent machine or a chroot environment for
> testing. A chroot environment is not as complicated as it sounds.

Thanks for the tip.

  I'm beginning to think a chroot environment may be the best route - *
fails to compile as it loads the wrong headers from libpri and zaptel
(those from the may 2004 install, the new ones get put in
/usr/local/new/usr/include). I've never set one up before though, so
wish me luck! I can't use a separate machine as we only have one Linux
server and telephony card.

I suppose I could just overwrite lipri and zaptel and only install * to
a different location but that defeats the point of segregating the
install which is not to touch the working installation.