[Asterisk-Users] Can't Modprobe ztcfg

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Apr 16 02:22:11 MST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 11:48:29PM -0700, chawki hammoud wrote:

> --- Ian Pattison <ianp at technologyassociates.ca> wrote:
>
> > If I understand your question correctly ztcgf is not
> > a module, it's merely a rudimentary diagnostic
> > utility. Run "ztcfg -vv" to get info on your zaptel
> > hardware.
>
> Thanks Ian:
>
> When I installed the X100P, I followed the
> installation instruction and it gave the impression
> that ztcfg needs to be executed after each boot. Each
> time I used it, I did ztcfg, but last night i was
> modprobing ztcfg for some reason. Now I know what it
> is, thanks
>
> Do you know where to add the modprobe lines so I don't
> have to manually do that after each boot?

You can tell modprobe to run a command after loading the module. A
sample modprobe file is provided with the distribution and you should
add it to /etc/modules.conf on kernel 2.4.

On kernel 2.6 this has changed a bit.

Note that this may have strange results if you need to load more than
one module, as ztcfg will fail after the load of the first module and
modprobe will return a failure message.

Generally it creates confusion because errors in zaptel configuration
(errors from ztcfg) appear to come from modprobe and this may give the
impression that the module has failed to load.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's