[Asterisk-Users] OT: google groups Asterisk-test and now Asterisk-Users marked as spam on Gmail

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 15 14:07:12 MST 2005

I think part of the reason for some sites treating postings as spam
is the dns tables for digium are not totally correct. Believe someone
posted comments about that a couple of weeks ago relative to reverse
and forward addresses (and authoritative NS). Example:
 dig lists.digium.com = 69.16.138.164
 dig -x 69.16.138.164 = digium-69-16-138-164.phx1.puregig.net

------------------------

> I am also seeing the same problem on asterisk-users. I reported the problem to gmail, but got
some generic response saying
> that they are looking into it. It might help if other gmail users also report this bug. Did
you notice anything change in the headers
> from the list server than would cause them to do this, or is it just gmail doing bonkers?
> - Ben
>
> On 4/15/05, Sig Lange <sig.lange at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Starting around Apr 14th Gmail has started marking all messages for Asterisk-Users as
spam. Prior to that on google
>     groups someone created a asterisk-test group (seperate from this group). Is this perhaps
related? I believe it all has
>     happened within a week time frame. Gmail is a great service but if this is what's going to
happen I will quit using gmail. I'm
>     giving a shot out to see any other gmail users out there having this problem. My
Asterisk-Dev seems to be unaffected.