[Asterisk-Users] Slack 10 install - THANK YOU - & Cisco Reseller Help

Max W Blackmer Jr max at knowledgepowerit.com
Fri Apr 15 07:47:05 MST 2005

> Now for my present delima. - Actually this one's been racking my brain since
> about March.
>
> I need to find a Cisco Reseller.

very good and will pre configure the Cisco phones for SIP.

http://www.voipsupply.com/home.php

<--Snip-->
> Last month, I purchased a Cisco-7905G IP Phone from a vendor in the States &
> paid a pile of money to FedEx to get the thing sent to me.
>
> The phone DID NOT include the SIP firmware. - Since I have a 'BroadVoice'
> account, I'm stuck until I can SIP into this phone.

It is a real pain to upgrade to sip on a Cisco. Voip Supply charges an
extra $100 to do it for you

> I'd also like to use the 7940/7960 phones but, again, there's the SIP
> Firmware problem.
>
> I've been all over the 'wiki' pages & have read what's necessary to get this
> firmware & get it installed. - Basically I need a 'service contract' for
> each phone.

you need a sip license for each phone.

> Wading through the pages & search engines on Cisco's web site is a true
> excercise in futility! - A google search is more accurate.
>
> But I've yet to find a Cisco Reseller who knows what I need & is willing to
> talk about it. - Heck! - Even finding a Cisco Reseller with a valid phone
> number where you can talk to a 'PEOPLE' is a feat in itself.
>
> So - If anybody knows a Cisco Reseller, or if you ARE a Cisco Reseller and
> know what I need, please contact me. - I'm sure there are others in this ML
> that are in the same boat as I or who have been there themselves.

You may also want to look at Polycom phones they are less of a headache
than the cisco phone.  They are both good on quality, look and feel of
a business class phone.

Cheers,

Max