[Asterisk-Users] S100I - competitive price?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 14 21:43:37 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:

>    (for us at least, subtract the price of the TE110P cause all our T1's
> come to us on DS3s, and we already have DS3 routers in place and paid for.)

I'm confused: why would you terminate a T1 from a provider using a
channel bank, rather than directly into an Asterisk server?

>     Based off that, if I can get a S240I for $1,000 then I'd by it instead.
> Anything higher priced than that, and it just isn't a cost effective
> solution.

That's my point exactly :-) A unit that can provide 24 FXS ports, using
an Ethernet connection and SIP or IAX2, with built-in complex codecs,
could be very attractive at a price like that, even though it's much
more than what a 24 FXS port channel bank would cost.