[Asterisk-Users] S100I - competitive price?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Apr 14 09:45:48 MST 2005

> Realistically, how cheaply can you put together a box with a T-1 card
> and a channel bank with 24FXS ports (even disregarding G.729
> transcoding, which would add to the cost)? $700? $800? more? I can't say
> for sure, but if you wanted to use a decent speed machine, I'd expect
> that the PC+TE110P+channel bank solution would cost at least $900, and
> that's using a bargain-basement PC  and a used channel bank.

   (for us at least, subtract the price of the TE110P cause all our T1's
come to us on DS3s, and we already have DS3 routers in place and paid for.)

    Based off that, if I can get a S240I for $1,000 then I'd by it instead.
Anything higher priced than that, and it just isn't a cost effective
solution.

My $0.02

-Matthew