[Asterisk-Users] Who is a QUALITY IAX Termination Provider for 800 DID's?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Apr 14 08:02:48 MST 2005

Linn Boyd wrote:

> I have looked for a quality IAX provider for 800 DID's we currently
> have two, one is ok and the other is just not of quality, but last
> night we got an email after a complaint of quality earlier in the day
> and this is what it said. Remember I never did request a network
> change, but I just wanted my quality fixed, they have all kinds of
> contact information and they could have let me know outside of voice
> mail. I have been trying to call them and trying to email them ever
> since I found out.
>
> "We have migrated your account to an alternate network. Please change the
> host you register to, send traffic to and receive traffic from in your
> appropriate config files to iax01.someprovider.net"
>

> Well, our phones for which our main customers dial in on are now DOWN
> and we had a 250k mailer that went out three days ago with the phone
> number on it. I hate to loose business, but what I hate worse is that
> I am probably loosing my job over this one. Can anyone give me any
> information? Cost is not an issue, but uptime and service is! Also we
> need a true 800 number.
>
> -Linn

Linn,

I know people who have the 800 number with MCI and they tell me they can
login to a web portal and change the destination number it rings to. It
will probably cost you more to use one of the big providers. But all you
have to do is get your number directed to a voip DID that you reach via
IAX. Since it is the 800 number your customers are dialing, it doesn't
make any difference what area codes the voip provider offers. If you
need to change voip providers in the future, you use another 800 number
for setup and testing purposes, then change the destination of your
advertised 800 number to land on the DID the new provider gave you.

Don't forget that these big providers can send those calls to land lines
and wireless phones. You will pay more but at least you will have the
flexibility you need to keep service up.