[Asterisk-Users] Steal a call from a SIP extension

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Thu Apr 14 07:24:51 MST 2005

Hi all,

I think I've seen this somewhere, but I can't remember where;  Is it
possible to steal a call from a sip extension?  Let me explain what we
are trying to do:

Parking calls is a good thing, but having to remember an extension may
be a bit much to ask my user base who is used to seeing line presences
on their phones ( old avaya partner ACS system ).  I'm thinking they'll
keep forgetting what extension a call is parked on.  I would like for
them to be able to put a call on hold on their extension, and have
someone else be able to "steal" it off that extension from a different
extension.

Is this possible?  If so, can I get the terminology for this ( I can do
my own research if needed )?

Thanks!

Sean