[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI + echo cancelling + Fax

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Apr 14 03:59:37 MST 2005

Hi list!

I'm using bristuff on a box with one BRI line. I have echo cancel on.

However incoming faxes (which routed to a Sipura 2000) fail after about 2
pages and the fax will report a communication error.

I switched off echo cancel but ofcourse now I have an extremely annoying
echo.

Is there anyway to differentiate and switch on/off echo cancel depending
on the type of communication? Adding another bri line just because of this
is not really an option.

Thanks!
Remco