[Asterisk-Users] Dropped calls from Junghans octo-bri card

Nelson nelson at openvoice.co.za
Thu Apr 14 03:08:53 MST 2005

I have an Asterisk system that seems to be randomly dropping calls. The
system is currently running on a Junghanns octo-bri card and one Digium
TDM400b card. The calls seem to be dropped during peak call hours and I
assume that it probably has something to do with congestion (this box
makes/receives about 2500 calls a day). I added the zapata and zaptel
confgurations that I am using below:

#####zapata.conf#####

[channels]

group = 1
echocancel = yes
signalling = fxs_ks
language = en
context = default
overlapdial = yes
immediate = no
channel => 25-27

group = 2
echocancel = yes

switchtype = euroisdn

signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp

overlapdial = yes
immediate = no

pridialplan = local
prilocaldialplan = local
nationalprefix = 0
internationalprefix = 00

context = default

; S/T port 1
channel => 1-2,4-5,7-8,10-11,13-14,16-17,19-20,22-23

#######zaptel.conf######
loadzone=nl
defaultzone=nl
# qozap span definitions
# most of the values should be bogus because we are not really zaptel
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
span=2,0,3,ccs,ami
span=3,0,3,ccs,ami
span=4,0,3,ccs,ami