[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Apr 14 04:22:49 MST 2005

> > > Funny, they sell these old cards.. it seems like they are selling refurbs
> > > as new.. ... anyways RMA is on its way, would be nice if they would send
> > > one as a replacement first, so that we could continue our work and don't
> > > have to delay it.
> >
> > They can, its called cross-shipment, but they need a credit card number
> > to ensure they get your return shipment. You have to ask for it. That's
> > the way I did it.
>
> Thanks for the info ..
>
> > Regarding the refurbs, if you or I were owners of digium, how would we
> > handle a backstock of older (possibly refurb) cards when its somewhat
> > known the old cards work fine in some systems? (And, we don't have a
> > clue which systems/motherboards the cards worked fine in.)
>
> Well I guess one can also add location, as each phone provider will have
> different class 5 switches one connects to with different signaling
> basically .. But still, they should fix the problem once and for all with
> allowing flash firmware upgrades... hell even Adaptec can manage that ..

For the TDM card its not a flash firmware issue. Based on what others
have reported, etc, the Rev E/F card had a missing trace on the circuit
board (others observed an added jumper a month or so after the card came
out), the Rev H card (and maybe other rev's before that) had added
components on the circuit board, plus the fxo modules apparently changed
since the originals came out. The added jumper had something to do with
module slot 1.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me a bit if I received a replacement card
with an added jumper as long as the card worked as expected.

So, digium probably has a back-stock of earlier rev levels that might
work just fine, but adding a jumper would not change the Rev level
reported to the system. Without knowing specifically what was changed
on each Rev, there is no way to guess at how refurb'ed cards should
be handled. I hope the current Rev is stable, etc.