[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Sascha Ferley Sascha.Ferley at infineon.net
Wed Apr 13 14:53:59 MST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Rich Adamson wrote:

> > Funny, they sell these old cards.. it seems like they are selling refurbs
> > as new.. ... anyways RMA is on its way, would be nice if they would send
> > one as a replacement first, so that we could continue our work and don't
> > have to delay it.
>
> They can, its called cross-shipment, but they need a credit card number
> to ensure they get your return shipment. You have to ask for it. That's
> the way I did it.

Thanks for the info ..

> Regarding the refurbs, if you or I were owners of digium, how would we
> handle a backstock of older (possibly refurb) cards when its somewhat
> known the old cards work fine in some systems? (And, we don't have a
> clue which systems/motherboards the cards worked fine in.)

Well I guess one can also add location, as each phone provider will have
different class 5 switches one connects to with different signaling
basically .. But still, they should fix the problem once and for all with
allowing flash firmware upgrades... hell even Adaptec can manage that ..
:)

S.