[Asterisk-Users] Article on IAX in Network World

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Thu Apr 14 01:35:31 MST 2005

On 13 Apr 2005, at 05:42, Brian Capouch wrote:

> Rick from Digium got published yesterday.
>
> http://www.nwfusion.com/news/tech/2005/041105techupdate.html?
> nlt&code=nltechupdate1476
>
> Note that a newer version of the IAX RFC is imminent.

If they are planning to go through the full RFC process, I may
be able to help by offering an independent implementation of IAX
(in pure java as it happens) which is (was?) a requirement of
acceptance of an RFC.

Before anyone asks for a copy - I'm afraid the answer is No, for 3
reasons
1) it isn't done yet - it makes and accepts GSM calls, but that's it
2) I haven't decided on the license
3) I may treat it as a prototype and start again.

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/