[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy

Paul Hales paulh at adairs.com.au
Wed Apr 13 21:58:00 MST 2005

Trunking on IAX.

PaulH

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Paul Fielding
Sent: Thursday, 14 April 2005 12:47 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] ztdummy

Ok, Here's my ztdummy question.  Forgive my ignorance.  Everything I read about ztdummy and zaptel cards describes them as being required 'for timing'.  But what exactly does this imply?

Eg.  I have two separate boxes where I did the following:
- installed Linux (debian Woody)
- compiled a 2.4 kernel
- added a few other prereq packages needed to allow Asterisk to compile
- compiled and configured Asterisk

At this point Asterisk works like a hot darn, no problem, for everything I try to do.  No Zaptel card.  No ztdummy.  So what does ztdummy buy me?

regards,

Paul