[Asterisk-Users] New Zealand Telco (TelstraClear) query

Chris Hodgetts chris at archnetnz.com
Wed Apr 13 19:10:42 MST 2005

Hello,

I have an X100P installed at home, just one line..

Anyway, ring home, and it picks up, and does it's thing, and you leave a
voice message or transfer to an extension or whatever ...

When you hang up, the call remains...

TelstraClear do the disconnect of the remote party different to Telecom,
they don't appear to drop the line, they just put silence on the line,
then 30 seconds or so later, give a very loud (much louder than any
normal tone - to the point that if the phone were under a couch you
could still hear it) tone but that continues forever, until you destroy
the channel, or kill the asterisk process.

I am wondering if anyone on the telstraclear network in Wellington has
this set-up, and if they could help with what I might need to do .

Thanks