[Asterisk-Users] bashing my head against broadvoice

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Wed Apr 13 19:09:29 MST 2005

Folks,

I'm having a nightmare trying to get Broadvoice to work. I've followed
their howto. I've searched the wiki and archives but still cannot get it
to work properly.

I can configure * to accept calls from them or make calls to them but
not both.

This works inbound;

register => 9738281625:yeah-right:9738281625 at sip.broadvoice.com
[broadvoice]
username=9738281625
user=phone
type=peer
secret=yeah-right
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=proxy.dca.broadvoice.com
fromuser=9738281625
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=inbound-analogue
canreinvite=no
authname=9738281625
qualify=1000
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726
allow=ilbc
allow=g729

And this works outbound;

register => 9738281625:yeah-right:9738281625 at sip.broadvoice.com
[broadvoice]
username=9738281625
user=phone
type=peer
secret=yeah-right
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=9738281625
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=inbound-analogue
canreinvite=no
authname=9738281625
qualify=1000
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726
allow=ilbc
allow=g729

What's the difference you ask? the host= line. BV tells you to point
outgoing calls at your nearest pop. In my case thats the DC one.

what am I doing wrong here? It's driving me mad!

Thanks for your help.

Mark