[Asterisk-Users] VOIP Regulations in INDIA

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Apr 13 15:13:07 MST 2005

Dan Austin wrote:

> This list, and it's members are in a unique position to help
> each other beyond the technical requirements.  I may be alone
> in this belief, but any obsticle to a successful asterisk
> deployemt would seem to be fair game.

I agree completely.

On-topic part:

Knowledge of VoIP regulation in other parts of the world is going to
wind up being very essential to us as we move into a "parallel universe"
to the TDM world.  I know nothing about regulation in India, but look
forward to reading about it, because it will provide an interesting and
important perspective into the way things are being done in what may
well be the fastest-growing information economy in the world today.

Off-topic part relating to self-appointed list policepersons:

I had an epiphany after a particularly vitriolic flamefest a few months
back over the issue of one member telling another, "Take this off list;
it's inappropriate."

One response basically said, "Relax your sphincter, save all of us the
flames by the quick use of your delete key.  It is much friendlier, and
much friendlier to other members of the list, who don't share your
compulsion to play policeman."

So what if there's 503 messages instead of 501.  People will vote with
their eyes if the list strays too far off-topic.  List policemen
(including the one who flamed me raw a couple of days ago on -dev over
an issue that is *still* generating a lot of interesting posts) serve no
interest other than their own need play big-shot.

B.