[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Won't hangup like Polycom 600 will

Karl A. Krueger kkrueger at whoi.edu
Wed Apr 13 13:31:31 MST 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:08:43PM -0400, George Burt wrote:
> I have been experimenting with GXP-2000 Grandstream.
	[snip]
> Polycom>Asterisk>Grandstream
>   then Hangup the Polycom, the Grandstream plays a busy signal.

This is my experience as well.  The GXP2000 always seems to play a busy
signal when the other end hangs up.  It does not seem to matter which
end placed the call, or whether the call is SIP-SIP or SIP-*-PSTN.

This is not what any other phone does in my experience, so I think I'm
reasonable in considering it a bug.

I am overall unimpressed with the GXP2000 -- although the cost savings
is significant, the lack of features by comparison with other
"enterprise" marketed SIP phones (e.g. the SNOM or Cisco offerings) is
also quite substantial ... and I do not think I will ever get used to
the idiosyncratic Grandstream way of entering alphanumeric addresses.

--
Karl A. Krueger <kkrueger at whoi.edu>
Network Security -- Linux/Unix Systems Support -- Etc.