[Asterisk-Users] Advice sought on how to automatically and sa fely reboot * box

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Apr 13 14:03:49 MST 2005

In /etc/crontab:

0 2 * * * reboot

Runs the reboot command every morning at 2 AM. Works for me.

If you are using a RedHat / Fedora box and you have cron running at startup
as a service your crontab entries should be running as root, so it should
work fine.

cron is super bitchy about extraneous <cr> and <lf> 's in the file, so make
sure you delete any whitespace after your entry.

hth