[Asterisk-Users] TDM card periodic buzz

Trent Tuggle trent at tuggle.org
Wed Apr 13 12:42:37 MST 2005

Hello all,

This is a repeat email; I have no idea how/where to solve this problem,
google seems to indicate it's a frame slip problem, but there appear to
be no resources with relevant information -- this is my second request
for any pointers, information, anything!

The symptom is a loud, brief buzz, almost exactly every 6 seconds, on
the dot.  It is only audible to remote parties, when I use an analog
phone connected to my Digium TDM card.  All other audio through my
Asterisk box is fine, including SIP phones, music on hold, voicemail,
etc.  But when the TDM400P is bridged to the PSTN through my IAX2
provider, I get this repeating buzz!

I've upgraded Asterisk to 1.0.7 on my gentoo linux system; I have a
genuine Digium TDM 400P with 1 FXS and 1 FXO, I'm only using it as an
ATA currently.

Much thanks in advance for any information, pointers, hints, or
recommendations that anyone can provide!

-Trent Tuggle