[Asterisk-Users] S100I - competitive price?

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Apr 13 12:42:09 MST 2005

Matthew Boehm wrote:
-------------------
> I'd like to see an S200I, a S600I, a S120I and a S240I. But the S240I
> needs to be cheaper than an Adtran channel bank off ebay.

Really? You think that an Ethernet-connected 24-port FXS channel bank
with built-in codecs and all that should be cheaper than raw channels
via a used channel bank (that requires a T-1 interface card and
on-the-host transcoding)?

/SNIP/

Good point Matt!

It is amazing to know how ignorant people can be when it comes to the
perception of 'price' and 'value'.

Is it in the 'eye-of-the-beholder', as they say it in the marketing
management class?

There are myriads of our folks who still think that a 24 Port Digital
gateway is more expensive than a Channel Bank + T1 Card +
On-the-host-transcoding. Whereas the truth is the opposite.

Seshu Kanuri