[Asterisk-Users] Looking for comments on robustness of SpanDS P / app-rxfax / mime-construct <--solved

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Apr 12 21:14:55 MST 2005

>2. Here is my macro-faxreceive

Boris, thanks for the great reply. I was thinking about this all evening,
and just finished off a far more modest script that does the trick. I just
sent 10 simultaneous inbound 100 page faxes and they all went through fine.
Here is my (simple) solution to increase fax reliability with AMP:

1. Create a script like this:

#!/bin/sh
FAXFILE=$1
EMAILADDRESS=$2
CALLERID=$3

tiff2ps -2eaz -w 8.5 -h 11 $FAXFILE | ps2pdf = $FAXFILE.pdf
mime-construct --to $EMAILADDRESS --subject "Fax from$CALLERID" --attachment
$CALLERID.pdf --type application/pdf --file $FAXFILE.pdf
rm $FAXFILE
rm $FAXFILE.pdf

2. Save it in a directory that the user you run Asterisk under has rights to
or else it won't run

3. chmod a+x myscriptname

4. Comment out priority 3,4 and 5 in context ext-fax in extensions.conf

5. Add a line like this to replace priority 3:

exten => in_fax,3,system(/myasteriskdirectory/myscriptname ${FAXFILE}
${EMAILADDR} ${CALLERIDNUM})

Modifying simple things in AMP should not affect extensions.conf but of
course reinstalling or upgrading AMP will nuke any customizations (yaya I
know it should be in extensions_custom.conf) so make sure you always backup
*.conf somewhere safe.

Fax like crazy.