[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 - Between two ASterisk Servers

Chris listmail at odisok.net
Tue Apr 12 13:57:06 MST 2005

    I used the example in the Wiki for setting up to * servers with IAX.  Both servers are on my network.    I'm trying to get the configuration working before I put it on the remote site.
    I got ServerB to Register with ServerA.    If I try to make a call to a SIP extension on ServerA from ServerB, I immediately get congestion message.    I never see ServerA process anything besides the IAX registration.   It looks like it never gets to a contact on ServerA.  Both servers are running asterisk 1.0.7 with AMP 1.0.7a.   The AMP configuration didn't work so I decided to work up from the Wiki example.   Can anyone help?

---------ServerA

--iax.conf
[slave]
type=user
auth=plaintext
context=from-pstn
secret=secret
host=dynamic
callerid="slave"
trunk=yes
notransfer=yes

[slave]
type=peer
auth=plaintext
context=from-internal
secret=secret
host=dynamic
trunk=yes
notransfer=yes

--------ServerB-------

--iax.conf

register => slave:secret at 172.16.243.81

[master]
type=peer
host=172.16.243.81
secret=secret
context=from-pstn
trunk=yes
canreinvite=no

[master]
type=user
secret=secret
context=from-pstn
trunk=yes
canreinvite=no

-extensions.conf
[outbound-allroutes]
exten => _2XX,1,Dial(IAX2/master at slave/${EXTEN},15,r)