[Asterisk-Users] RE: Ebay listing selling Asterisk @ Home and AMPfor over 1000 dollars

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Tue Apr 12 12:34:38 MST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:04:26 -0400
  David Brodbeck <DavidB at mail.interclean.com> wrote:
> [...]

Actually, the GPL does require credit to be given, at
least in the sense that the source code is modified and
not necessarily in the advertisement as I understand it.

Please take a look at the Developers archive as there is
an ongoing discussion about another distro that is for
Windows that is also dealing with the GPL issue. I am not
completely sure that this falls under the exact same
category, but I believe it is really close. Just in this
case it would probably deal more with AMP than Asterisk
directly.

But not having this sellers code, I connot confirm nor
deny that this is the case.

Can anyone chime in on whether or not this seller must
provide the source code for what he is selling??