[Asterisk-Users] Acceptable voice time delay

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Tue Apr 12 08:09:18 MST 2005

chawki hammoud wrote:

>What is considered an acceptable time delay between
>two servers for a fair (not neccessarily great)  voice
>quality.

I can't really deal with anything over 150ms, although regular users
will tolerate ~200ms.

>I use voipjet to connect my calls from iax2 to the
>pstn. Although the sound quality is good, there is
>considerable time delay, I wait seconds before the
>other party hear what I say. It becomes more of a
>walkie talk.
>
>When I ping voipjet, it takes about 600ms.

There's your problem.  600ms stinks.

>Thanks a bunch.

No problem.

I don't know if voicepulse can do Europe iax term, but it's worth
looking into.  I've had pretty good experiences with them so far (
excepting the price hike...but what can you do? ).

Sean