[Asterisk-Users] Acceptable voice time delay

chawki hammoud cyhammoud at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 07:55:22 MST 2005

What is considered an acceptable time delay between
two servers for a fair (not neccessarily great)  voice
quality.

I use voipjet to connect my calls from iax2 to the
pstn. Although the sound quality is good, there is
considerable time delay, I wait seconds before the
other party hear what I say. It becomes more of a
walkie talk.

When I ping voipjet, it takes about 600ms. would i
take it that the extra dely is coming from the voipjet
server to the pstn and i should try other servers or
is there some other issues. I am behind a nat, would
that make any difference?

Can you provide me with Europe based iax termiantion
other than voiptalk.
I appreciate some of you guys telling me the ms ping
to your providers so i can have an idea.

Thanks a bunch.