[Asterisk-Users] Changing DTMF mode depending on codec chosen

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:52:03 MST 2005

> It seems that sometimes broadvoice honors my g.729 request
Be careful with this. I tried setting G726-32 as a prefered codec and
SOME calls would accept it (depending on call destination) but usually
the caller did NOT hear me, although I could hear the caller just
fine.

So there's truth to it: BV officially only supports G711 so use it to
avoid surprises... and end up blaming Broadvoice :). Their service is
actually quite good and reliable, but unfortunately proper
configuration seems to challenge many Asterisk users -- this is a
general observation, nothing personal. No wonder Broadvoice doesn't
officially support Asterisk...

--Luki