[Asterisk-Users] Check for stutter dialtone on ZAP FXO channel

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 11 16:10:01 MST 2005

> What it SHOULD do is, check the DC voltage on the line, and if less than
> 8-10 volts, consider it BUSY/ unavailable/not connected, THEN check for
> dialtone before dialing. Also optionally listen for stutter dialtone before
> dialing, making the detection of stutter dialtone available for some other
> action.
> <snip>
>
> This is interesting. Does anyone have an example of how I can check the
> analog PSTN line for stutter dialtone and then perform an action based on
> that? What I want to do is check the PSTN and, if there's a stutter
> dialtone, dial an access code, record what is heard, play some DTMF, hangup
> and put the recording into a voicemailbox.

I'm about 90% sure the drivers for the digium x100p and TDM card
never made use of those chipset values for DC voltage, etc. In fact,
Mark implemented a piece of code over six months ago to simply detect
if a pstn line was attached, and he had to back that out for some
reason. He left it in ifdef's at the time.

Not sure about tones though. Best guess is that its not in there.