[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk becomes after one month unstabled

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Apr 11 15:09:06 MST 2005

> > 1. The Zapta card (2 FXS, 2 FXO) suddenly does not like one phone. It
> > simple does not supply with a dial tone. You cannot dial. You
> > can reach
> > it, better say, you can dial it, it rings, but no sound.
> >
> > I reloaded and even restarted * without success. Than I removed the
> > module and inserted it again, ... restarted * and it works again.
>
> Yup, mine does that too after a couple of weeks.  I have a script to
> automatically unload and reload Asterisk and the modules.  The script I use
> is in the Wiki, near the bottom of this page:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+automatic+daily+restart
> That's a band-aid, of course, but until Digim tells us all how to fix their
> cards, that's about the best we can do.

You might as well get current. Execute a "dmesg" from the unix command
line. If the TDM card is Rev E/F, call digium support, tell them it
fails every week or two, and ask for a replacement. They have a two
year warranty and the card has only been out for about a year, so all
TDM cards are in warrantee.

Use your Asterisk Demo (in extensions.conf) to access their pbx and
go to support. The new Rev H card has more components on it, so
something has been changed.