[Asterisk-Users] UK ISDN with Asterisk

Tim Robinson timweb at txrx.org.uk
Mon Apr 11 00:36:02 MST 2005

Hi

1) Don't bother considering analogue lines.  Too problematic and not any
cheaper in the long term.

2) the HFC chipset ISDN cards at £13 are fine as long as you make sure
you assign each card its own IRQ in the bios.

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=119006&cks=SPK

I have 3 of these cards running in a Celeron 450.  2 cards in NT mode
for ISDN phones and 1 connected to my BT ISDN 2e line.

You will need bristuffed asterisk from www.junghanns.com to drive the
cards.  They use native zaptel drivers.

DDI and caller ID on ISDN are all supported natively in Asterisk.  Works
perfectly in PTP and PTMP modes.

Best regards
Tim Robinson
Basingstoke, UK