[Asterisk-Users] Re: no ring on inbound SIP calls

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:31:17 MST 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 8:08 PM, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote:
> > Something else interesting that maybe someone can clue me in on.
> >
> > With from-livevoip1,  * exits non zero on 5,Wait(30), and once it has
> > exited the caller then starts to get ringtone until hanging up the
> > phone.  On from-livevoip2 it does not exit and falls through as
> > expected.  Why?
> >
> > [from-livevoip1]
> > exten => _.,1,Wait(1)
> > exten => _.,2,AbsoluteTimeout(60)
> > exten => _.,3,Wait(1)
> > exten => _.,4,NoOp,${CALLERIDNAME}
> > exten => _.,5,Wait(30)
> > exten => _.,6,Answer
> > exten => _.,7,Dial(SIP/chris,10)
> > exten => _.,8,Playback(nbdy-avail-to-take-call)
> > exten => _.,9,VoiceMail(1000)
> > exten => _.,10,Hangup
> > exten => t,1,Hangup
> >

> > [from-livevoip2]
> > exten => _.,1,Ringing
> > exten => _.,2,AbsoluteTimeout(60)
> > exten => _.,3,Wait(1)
> > exten => _.,4,NoOp,${CALLERIDNAME}
> > exten => _.,5,Wait(30)
> > exten => _.,6,Answer
> > exten => _.,7,Dial(SIP/chris,10)
> > exten => _.,8,Playback(nbdy-avail-to-take-call)
> > exten => _.,9,VoiceMail(1000)
> > exten => _.,10,Hangup
> > exten => t,1,Hangup
>
> I'm confused. Help us understand what you're trying to accomplish
> with that "5,Wait(30)" in there.

It's for testing the problem in question, which is that the extension
exits if I do not put 'Ringing' before the 'Wait'.    I came across
this because I was making a callback application where I just wanted
the line to ring 5-6 times before hanging up.

> Also, the "_." is known to match everything including some things
> that you probably aren't expecting.

I just put '_.' in place of the real number for posting to the list.
The real lines in extensions.conf have the full specific number.