[Asterisk-Users] Re: no ring on inbound SIP calls

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Apr 10 20:08:54 MST 2005

> Something else interesting that maybe someone can clue me in on.
>
> With from-livevoip1,  * exits non zero on 5,Wait(30), and once it has
> exited the caller then starts to get ringtone until hanging up the
> phone.  On from-livevoip2 it does not exit and falls through as
> expected.  Why?
>
> [from-livevoip1]
> exten => _.,1,Wait(1)
> exten => _.,2,AbsoluteTimeout(60)
> exten => _.,3,Wait(1)
> exten => _.,4,NoOp,${CALLERIDNAME}
> exten => _.,5,Wait(30)
> exten => _.,6,Answer
> exten => _.,7,Dial(SIP/chris,10)
> exten => _.,8,Playback(nbdy-avail-to-take-call)
> exten => _.,9,VoiceMail(1000)
> exten => _.,10,Hangup
> exten => t,1,Hangup
>

> [from-livevoip2]
> exten => _.,1,Ringing
> exten => _.,2,AbsoluteTimeout(60)
> exten => _.,3,Wait(1)
> exten => _.,4,NoOp,${CALLERIDNAME}
> exten => _.,5,Wait(30)
> exten => _.,6,Answer
> exten => _.,7,Dial(SIP/chris,10)
> exten => _.,8,Playback(nbdy-avail-to-take-call)
> exten => _.,9,VoiceMail(1000)
> exten => _.,10,Hangup
> exten => t,1,Hangup

I'm confused. Help us understand what you're trying to accomplish
with that "5,Wait(30)" in there.

Also, the "_." is known to match everything including some things
that you probably aren't expecting.

I'd suggest reorganizing the above into something like:

[from-livevoip]
exten => 8161234567,1,Wait(1)
exten => 8161234567,2,Dial(SIP/chris,10)
exten => 8161234567,3,Voicemail(uchris)
exten => 8161234567,103,Voicemail(bchris)
exten => 8161234567,104,Hangup

Then recording your voicemail "busy" and "unanswered" messages to
be whatever you have in "nbdy-avail-to-take-call".