[Asterisk-Users] PTSN POTS Differences

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Apr 10 18:59:01 MST 2005

> I am using asterisk at home 0.8 with a single X100P clone card. I am having
> trouble making outbound calls on certain lines. I have three analog lines at
> home. Line 1 has caller ID, 2 & 3 do not. I can always call in on any of the
> three lines, but I can make only one outbound call on 2 or 3 after a reboot.
> After that I get a Qwest message (I think?) saying "The call could not
> connect as dialed, please..."
>
> Would there be different wattage with a caller ID equipped line? If so, is
> there some adjustment I can make to get reliable connections on lines 2 and
> 3?

Nope, all lines from the central office are the same.

Some central offices are a little slow and asterisk may be pumping
out dtmf tones before the central office is ready. Try adding a "w"
into your dialplan; something like;
 exten => _9XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/4/w${EXTEN})

Each "w" adds a little delay before dialing.

If that doesn't help, post the specific context in extensions.conf
that dials on the zap channels.