[Asterisk-Users] SMS suddenly not sending out

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:52:59 MST 2005

Hi,
I am running 1.0.6 STABLE and I use SMS occasionally, but not often. I
wanted to send one today and discovered that the SMS app would still
receive and process them, but smsq doesn't seem to be formatting the
call files properly.

What is missing in the .call file is the destination number and
message (leaving little of interest!)

A call file like this will work:

Channel: ZAP/1/0809101000
MaxRetries: 1
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Context: smsdial
Extension: 0612345678
SetVar: MSG=Bonjour monde

But .call file generated by

smsq 0612345678 hello world

Uses Application: SMS
Callerid: SMS <0>
Data: 0

etc.

The queued file is fine, containing the data and number.

I downloaded the latest smsq.c and recompiled, but neither version
works. I noticed a change in directory naming as well. I must be
desynchronized somewhere along the line.

Anyone?