[Asterisk-Users] Terrible crackling on analogue line and X100Pcard

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Apr 9 20:11:06 MST 2005

> > What country are you in, and does the chipset on the compat card
> > support the telco standards in your country?
> >
> > If the chipset doesn't match your telco standards, there is a high
> > probability you won't get rid of the echo. If it does match, then try
> >  echotraining=800
> >  echocancel=yes
> >
> > Regarding the crackling noise, have you checked for shared
> > interrupts (cat /proc/interrupts)?
> >
> > If you run "cat /proc/interrupts" every ten seconds, do you see
> > calculated interrupt values of about 1,000?
> >
> > Go to /usr/src/zaptel directory and run
> >  ./zttest
> > Do you get something close to 100% over some period of time?
> >
> > What version of asterisk are you running?
> >

> [DC]
>
> Well mine is legitimate digium
>
> And I'm in the usa
>

> Here is the output but I have no idea what that means?
>
> [root at asterisk1 root]# cat /proc/interrupts
>            CPU0
>   0:     490763          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>   9:    4885971          XT-PIC  wcfxo
>  10:      34309          XT-PIC  eth0
>  11:    4885856          XT-PIC  wcfxo
>  12:    4886150          XT-PIC  ztdummy, usb-uhci
>  14:       7662          XT-PIC  ide0
> NMI:          0
> ERR:          0

The digium card used in the US will match the telco impedance specs.

Your x100p card is on interrupt 9 by itself (not shared with any
other i/o device). That's a good thing.

Those two items rule out a number of items in terms of what
might be causing the crackling noise.

What * version are you using Dean? Have you tried other versions?