[Asterisk-Users] SPA and NAT traversal

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at x2n.ca
Sat Apr 9 12:37:03 MST 2005

> Thank you for your reply.  There is a wealth of information on the
> wiki, etc.   I turned on RTP debug and the SPA is not sending it's
> public IP it is sending it's NAT IP (192.168.1.100) so *'s RTP
> packets are going nowhere...

Do I understand your question correctly:

You have an SPA behind NAT1 and * and a second SIP device behind NAT2. Both
devices register, but calls between the devices result in no audio?

If that is the case, you can do one of two things:

- set canreinvite=no for the devices' sip.conf entries, or
- teach both devices to *stop* using their internal IPs for all
communications and remove nat=yes from the entry for the SIP device inside
NAT2.

To set the SPA to give the correct IP, enable STUN, add a STUN server, and
say Yes to "Substitue VIA Addr".

--
Nabeel Jafferali
X2 Networks